Tuesday, September 16, 2008

MILF



You may or may not have heard that acronym. It stands for "a mother I'd like to fuck" and is not uncommon in the blogosphere discussion threads. There's also GMILF but as far as I can tell, the only person who suggested FILF was me and it didn't take on.

What is it all about? Mostly bantering, with no evil intention behind it. But it's still fun to think about what calling someone a MILF really means: Either it points out that despite being mothers some women still retain their sexual appeal. Or it points out that among all those old, decrepit and wrinkled mothers (or older women in general) there are a few who still have that something which makes men think of black silk sheets in bedrooms.

But why is it that my suggestion of the term for "a father I'd like to fuck" didn't take on? Is it because women are not supposed to measure men up for that particular use? And why was my suggestion seen as a joke? Worth thinking about.

In any case, I'm writing about this trivial topic because I have read that there are men who say that they are going to vote for Sarah Palin because she is a MILF, and only for that reason. Yet I can't find all those articles about how unreasonable this behavior is. Yet the articles about the unreasonable Hillary voters have been many.