Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Today's Word

It is "to transmogrify", meaning to "change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre."

The example thefreedictionary.com gives of a slightly different definition is this:

change by reversal, reverse, turn - change to the contrary; "The trend was reversed"; "the tides turned against him"; "public opinion turned when it was revealed that the president had an affair with a White House intern"

What a fascinating example to pick.

My example might be: The political pundits have transmogrified the presidential primaries.