Monday, January 03, 2005

No Ethics Rule Changes in the House, After All



I take my good news where they're found, and these days you have to dig for them. But this is good news. The House Ethics Rules aren't going to be changed to make it easier for slimy politicians to stay in power. My blogging on the topic had no impact, but I'm going to pretend that it did. At least this turnabout is supposedly due to public criticism of the initial plan to change the rules, and I'm as public as anybody.

In totally unrelated news, I just went out through the garage door. The lightbulb had gone out and I decided to walk straight into a stone wall that had been standing there for only the last sixty years. My martial arts training came in handy, for once, and I didn't lose any teeth. I did slap down rather hard on the stones which wasn't the best news for my poor palms. Tomorrow will show how my jaw and nose will look.