Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Mueller Testimony. My Take.


I've been having fun listening to Mueller testifying before the House (and the Intelligence Committee) on the 2016  election interference report, mostly, because I keep yelling corrections at various questioners who are getting the facts wrong.  On the Internet, even!

In any case, this is a good place to remind you that I wrote summaries of the two volumes in the Mueller Report.  Part I is here and Part II here.

The only new thing I learned today, on top of what I have read before and what I read in the Report, is that Mueller is very concerned about the integrity of US elections and the likelihood that foreign governments will continue trying to influence them.  He commented on that several times, and given how often he refused to answer questions outside the Report, this is something to take seriously.

I agree with Mueller.  The Russian government will certainly continue on the same merry path they opened for themselves in 2016 unless someone goes and erects some gates across it.  And there is no logical reason why other governments wouldn't follow suit if the US political system continues to ignore that problem.