Friday, October 26, 2007

All Over The Place



That would be my writing this week and especially today. The nice thing about running my own blog is the ability to do that. Blogs may be the last place where we can try to be Renaissance men (men, not women, because women didn't really have the chances then) in the sense of avoiding getting pigeon-holed into just one little specialty. The drawback is naturally that gabbing all over the place is shallow and silly but oh-so-enjoyable.

Still, I do avoid writing on some areas (the environment, for example), because I have neither the expertise nor the time to acquire it to write on the topic even half as well as those who run blogs on just the environment. And I also often feel extreme guilt on not staying firmly on feminism in my writings. But even feminists really aren't two-dimensional paper dolls bristling with anger and armpit hairs.

Have a wonderful weekend. Don't forget to read Phila's Friday Hope Blogging.