Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Citizens, Countrywomen, Lend Me Your Ears



I always wanted to use that title. What I want your ears for is to listen to this On Point program on gender and the primary political race. These are the guest speakers:



· Ellen Goodman, syndicated columnist for The Boston Globe
· Geraldine Ferraro, Democratic vice presidential candidate in 1984
· Pat Schroeder, former Democratic Congresswoman from Colorado, she considered run for the White House in 1988
· Katha Pollitt, columnist for The Nation magazine


The program discusses the sexist comments from various people in the media (Tweety, do you hear me? Timmeh?) and the general political climate for women in this country. I have this odd feeling that something wasn't covered that should have been. If I can figure out what it is that's bothering me I will add a footnote. But it's a good debate.