Monday, February 27, 2017

Trump:"Nobody Knew That Health Care Could Be So Complicated." Call Me Nobody Then.


I am going to embroider these sentences on the pillow I punch when my red-hot anger gets too much for me:

“I have to tell you, it’s an unbelievably complex subject,” Trump said. “Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated.”
This is the deep wisdom our Dear Leader shared with us, concerning the repeal and replacement of the Affordable Care Act (ACA)  he promised his flock during the campaign. 

Well, call me Nobody, because I knew how complicated constructing a health insurance system is.  And imagine this: People even study those complications for years and years, and get degrees in that field.

That means there are quite a few of us Nobodies.

Sigh.  Enough Americans voted for a Know-Nothing, and now we are all going to suffer for that.

A small reminder:  The Republicans want to kill the ACA not because the flaws it has but because of the taxes that the wealthier taxpayers must pay to fund it.

Any replacement they might concoct is going to mean less access to good quality health care for low-income individuals.   Otherwise those "tax cuts" can't be funded.