Tuesday, March 01, 2011
What I Learned While Arguing in Comments Threads
1. If someone had the very same experience, why, then the article must be generally true.
2. If someone did not have the same experience, why, then the article must be generally untrue.
3. If someone likes the message of the article, why, then it must be true!
4. If someone dislikes the message of the article, why, then it must be untrue!
5. If an article has been published at all, it must be true!
6. If an article is published on a site the person does not like, it must be untrue!
7. Getting the conclusions of the article wrong does not matter. The wrong conclusions must be discussed with the same earnestness as the right ones.
8. Arguing in comments threads is not worth my time or the state of my stomach.