Saturday, December 03, 2005

Bad People



That is us. Me and others who blog on the left. Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter are quivering in their boots, going around with large troops to keep them secure and complaining loudly about what bad people we are. It's the same Ann Coulter, by the way, who recommended a baseball bat as the instrument to debate liberals with, and the same Ann Coulter who said this yesterday:

O'REILLY: All right. But it gets to be frightening. And I -- look, in my own case, I have to have security, and obviously --

COULTER: Any conservative does.

O'REILLY: Yeah, but I think liberals, some -- well, I don't know. Look, there's no question --

COULTER: No liberal has to have security. Though I'd like to change that.

And Bill O'Reilly, the same Bill O'Reilly who has a mouth like a sewer, whines and moans that criticism of his misinformation by Media Matters for America amounts to choking him out, amounts to denying him his freedom of expression. I never realized that freedom of expression means the right to have all ones lies uncorrected.

Read the whole hallucinatory conversation between these two oddballs. It ends with the resounding judgement that us lefty bloggers are Bad People.

I'm trying to kill Santa Claus, by the way, because he has single-handedly done more to destroy the religious nature of Christmas than anyone else alive (or not alive, as the case may be). If I succeed I will come across as a very good person and then O'Reilly will apologize. Oops. I got carried away there. Sorry.

But to bring some reality into this weird twilight world may I just remind my readers to think about the political affiliation of those in this country who have resorted to killing their opponents. The number of right-wingers doing this far exceeds anything the bad people on the left have managed to do. Unless you include pie-throwing among the lethal attacks, of course.