Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Division Of Feminist Blogging Labor



I don't write a lot about certain feminist topics because there are other excellent blogs covering them. But it just occurred to me that this might look like I don't care about the topics. So this post is to explain, I guess.

As examples, my coverage of sexism in the popular media, fashions, body shape and size requirements and so on is less than the amount I could produce, and that is simply because other blogs (feministing.com, pandagon.net, feministe.com, for some obvious examples) already cover them extensively. Likewise, I write much less about reproductive choice than I could because the information can easily be found elsewhere (e.g. RH Reality Check).

Do you think these choices are something I should change? I'd love to write about anorexia and bulemia, for example. Are there any other topics you can think of that I don't cover enough?