Monday, April 24, 2006

Blog Envy



Sometimes I get it in buckets. There is this part of me that wants to rule the world by getting rid of the competition. Must. Fight. The. Shadow. Side.

Check out the wonderful blogs listed in my blogroll. There are countless fantastic writers and clear thinkers in them, and funny people, too. I spent some time today reading Amanda at Pandagon, but there are all the other great feminist blogs in that list, too, beginning with Alas, A Blog and continuing with Bitch PhD and so on all the way to Stone Court. And if you are not in the mood for feminism my blogroll contains many other interesting political blogs as well.

That wasn't as good as it could have been, but I struggled a little, at least, against the horrible monster of blog envy. Now, I never had penis envy, and I suspect that neither did any other woman. For one thing, penises can be shared so it's not absolutely necessary to own one. For another thing, the envy Freud noted was most likely to do with the privileges that women saw were attached to the little fellers.

But blogs. Now, a well-written and argued blog post is a thing of beauty and joy forever. Or at least until the next day, and if it's not mine I want to kill. Bad Echidne.