Thursday, December 22, 2005

I Got Tagged



By scout prime. The idea is to give seven answers to a bunch of questions, like "Seven Things To Do Before I Die" and so on. It's such a nice compliment to be tagged, and I so admire the people who can answer all those questions. I can't. If I try I veer from silliness to feeling real anxiety about what the correct answer might be. And then there is the one about "Seven Books I Love"! What if I hurt the feelings of all the other books by just picking out seven?

And what about my privacy? Will my dear readers learn more than I intended from my lists? No. I can't do it. Sorry. I'm an intensely private person, intensely so, and also a very boring one. I have no idea what I want to do before I die, except not to suffer much. And perhaps to have a cleaner house. The Nobel Peace Prize is not going to come my way. I have accepted that disappointment.

But I do love reading the lists other people write: all those movies and books and wonderful witty sayings! Love them. To read, that is.

So instead of the expected answers I will just give one exhortation:

To Thine Own Self Be True.