Wednesday, December 07, 2005
From Echidne's Mailbag
Yesterday was the sixteenth anniversary of the Montreal Massacre. This is a touching post on it.
Emily's List has announced its support for the following Democratic candidates:
· Francine Busby for California's 50th District
· Peggy Lamm for Colorado's 7th District
· Paula Hollinger for Maryland's 3rd District
· Patricia Madrid for New Mexico's 1st District
· Nancy Nusbaum for Wisconsin's 8th District
And the question of whether men should have a choice over a woman's pregnancy is discussed here, as in many other places in the blogosphere. This debate is another example of what happens to the women's bodies when we redefine the point at which a human being is born: they become something everybody wants to control.