Saturday, December 18, 2004

Christmas Thoughts



Well, sort of. I was thinking of good presents for wingnuts of various types, not that I buy presents to wingnuts, but if I would, what would be suitable?

Those who read might like Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale, or George Orwell's 1984 or Sinclair Lewis' It Can't Happen Here (though it's not a good book, it is a wonderful description of the U.S. in the Bush era). Or maybe the Bible, given that most religious wingnuts don't actually seem to have read the book.

Those wingnuts who are into abstinence education would love to unwrap a box containing a chastity belt! They now make them for men, too, so it would be possible to be an egalitarian abstinent wingnut. Or maybe one of those inflatable dolls could have its very own safety belt? This would be a good present for those wingnuts who already have the doll.

I'm mean today. That's because I have to get all the meanness out of my system before next week when I will be hosting frail elderly relatives. You can take it. There's more of my vitriol on The American Street on Saturdays, and when I wake up I'll come back and post more drivel here, too.