Monday, July 26, 2004

A Vacation Post



Dearest,
I don't know how to say this. It will hurt, however I try to frame it, I know, and I truly wish I didn't have to write this letter. We have had so many things in common, so many memories, so many moments that will for ever stay in our hearts.

But time moves on and sometimes what was the right thing to do yesterday is no longer so today. I know that you understand, even if you can't really forgive me right now....

In other words, I'm taking four days off from blogging! I should be back on Thursday evening. I'm going to put up some really long and boring short stories later on tonight, and you could read a paragraph on each day or something. That way I get visitors every day! So this isn't really about you, of course, but about me and my fear of not being adored if I disappear.

But such are the problems of us goddesses. I'm going to administer some traditional snake-fertility rites on a secret mountain location, and the keyboard is not a sacred object and cannot be backed with all the other paraphernalia. Is 'paraphernalia' a word?
Never mind, you know what I mean: extra food for the dogs and the snakes, swimming suits, nectar and books telling how badly the Bush administation is doing. Also the sacred contained for all the skins to be shedded. And the twelve suitcases consisting of Artful Asp's makeup kit. I sure am glad when this trip will be safely over.